Data & Data Visualization
- GLODAP Gridded and Bottle Data Files
- WAVES: GLODAP Bottle Database Search
- GLODAP Ocean Data View (ODV) Collection for Bottle Data
- GLODAP Ocean Data View (ODV) Collection for Gridded Data
Please, cite the GLODAP Data Set in your publications as:
- Key, R.M., A. Kozyr, C.L. Sabine, K. Lee, R. Wanninkhof, J. Bullister, R.A. Feely, F. Millero, C. Mordy, T.-H. Peng. 2004. A global ocean carbon climatology: Results from GLODAP. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, Vol. 18, GB4031 (PDF).
- Data used to prepare mean TCO2 and Alkalinity profiles for Figure 6 of Key et al. 2004
- Sabine, C. L., R. M. Key, A. Kozyr, R. A. Feely, R. Wanninkhof, F. J. Millero, T.-H. Peng, J. L. Bullister, and K. Lee. 2005. Global Ocean Data Analysis Project: Results and Data. ORNL/CDIAC-145, NDP-083. Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, 110 pp. (PDF).
- Willey, D.A., R.A. Fine, R.E. Sonnerup, J.L. Bullister, W.M. Smethie, Jr., and J.J. Warner. 2004. Global oceanic chlorofluorocarbon inventory. Geophysical Research Letters, VOL. 31, L01303.
- Global Surface Ocean Alkalinity Climatology (by Kitack Lee)
- Seasonal Carbon Climatology for the Southern Ocean (by Ben McNeil)
- TTD estimates of Cant (by Darryn Waugh)
- Global temperature, salinity, oxygen, and nutrients gridded data can be accessed at: Live Access to the National Virtual Ocean Data System (NVODS)
- Atmospheric CFC, CCl4, and SF6 history updates (John Bullister-NOAA/PMEL)
Additional details of the assembly of these data sets and gridded products are published in:
Anthropogenic CO2 numbers are the raw values, including any negative values. Although in reality there can be no negative anthropogenic CO2 concentrations, we left them in the data set to provide some idea of the uncertainty in the results on deeper surfaces. To get an inventory that is consistent with the values published in Science in 2004, set all negative numbers to zero. Also, the choice of ocean bottom masking will also slightly affect final total inventory.
For additional information on the global CFC inventory see: